Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy 27th Birthday To Me! :)

August 7th has come and gone. I'm one year older and none the wiser. Ha! I've never been a huge fan of birthdays. I can even remember as a kid it really just seemed like another day, much as it does now that I'm an adult. What I don't like about birthdays isn't so much the number, but what saddens me is how quickly my life is passing me by. My dad has always said when you're younger you can associate things in your life by your age. For example, when a song came out. I can remember No Doubt's Don't Speak came out when I was 12 years old in 7th grade and when Dr. Dre's Chronic 2001 album came out I was 17 and a senior in high school. My sister Dominique, my old friend Katie, and I listened to those explicit lyrics many a mornings on our way to school in her red Jeep. I can remember where I was when Princess Diane died. I was 14 years old. A freshman in high school babysitting Alex Banks. Or even what I wore to my college graduation in December 2004 when I was 21. But as I get older, everything seems to blur together. I've been in my career as a teacher going on 6 years. All the years seems to mesh together and I even find it hard to remember the names of some of students I had back in my first year of teaching 3rd grade. I guess why I get bummed with birthdays is because I want to remember all that's happened in my life. My dad was right though, once you start your career, and you're doing the same things day in and day out, you lose track of your life.


Enough of the depressing stuff, and lets move on to my 27th birthday fun! My birthday was Saturday, but my boyfriend Jeff took me to a great restaurant in Cary Friday night. We ate at Bistro 64. I love getting dressed up for a fancy pants meal! My steak was great and I highly recommend it to all if you're looking for a romantic spot for a nice, quiet dinner. On Saturday when I woke up, I opened all my presents. As I get older the present start coming in the mail from all my siblings and parents. A few of the things I got: a GPS (I'm no longer living in the dark age of map quest!) some beautiful jewelry, a book by one of my favorite authors, Nicholas Sparks, and multi-vitamins because now that I'm old I need to start protecting my bones :0). Later, after a tasty breakfast of blueberry waffles, I began my search for my birthday gift to myself. Being tax free weekend and all and having a 5 year old computer that has been a headache since I bought it, I treated myself to a new Toshiba laptop. Happy birthday to me! I had a really good lunch at Cameron Bar and Grill, with a most awesome pint of my favorite summertime beer, Sam Adams Summer Ale. To wrap up my 27th, Jeff made chimichangas for dinner and got me a birthday cake. All in all it was a great day. One of the highlights was the 7 phone calls from my family singing Happy Birthday to me. I just know that 27 is going to be a great year. I'm a glass is half full kind of gal and I know life's got a lot of great things in store for myself and my amazing family this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)