Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 is coming to a close and 2011 is QUICKLY approaching!

So Christmas has come and gone and up next...New Years! In my family New Year's Eve was fun as a kid. My mom and us kids would make little appetizers to snack on and we would always have a champagne (okay, sparkling cider) toast at midnight. It was exciting to be so young and be allowed to stay up to midnight and to see if I could even make it to the ball drop. As I got older though, those feelings of excitement faded and now New Year's Eve is kind of a bummer night. I mean, don't get me wrong, I've had some pretty fun New Year's Eve nights to remember!! :) And after those New Year's Eve late nights, I've almost always been lucky enough not to suffer too badly on New Year's Day, with the exception of my junior year in college. ;-) But I don't know what it is about this holiday that gets me down in the dumpers? Maybe it's the close of one year and the start of another that reminds me that I'm getting older? Or the New Year's song that I don't know the words to or even understand?? Maybe it's the cheesy midnight kiss?? Who knows, but I just don't like this holiday!!! This year I just feel like staying home. The idea of hitting the town just isn't all that appealing. Living in Raleigh there are about a million things to do, but after checking out a couple websites I just don't see anything all that fun that doesn't involve boozing or large crowds of people. My dad makes me laugh because he always calls New Years "amateur night." He says it's a night for people who don't go out to go out, get trashed, and drink and drive. He's right though if you think about it!!

I enjoy New Year's Day though. I love eating pork, sauerkraut, and black eyed peas for good luck. I've grown up eating this meal every New Years Day for as long as I can remember! YUM!! This year, I'm celebrating New Years with Jeff and am certainly looking forward to this dinner! He's been trying to convince me to go downtown but I just don't know?? At first he suggested getting gussied up and hitting the town, but the idea of a bar crowd is just blah to me! Then he suggested we watch the acorn drop, but the thought of shivering and watching an acorn drop seems kind of boring AND cold!!

Who knows what New Year's Eve will bring? One thing I do know though is this, 2011 is going to be an AWESOME year!! I'm looking forward to putting my resolutions into play and rockin' and rollin' with them!! I'll see you all next year!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)