Monday, January 3, 2011

Change is coming!!!?? :D

Hola, blog friends! Glad you stopped by for a read. Since the New Year, I've officially tackled the my number 3 resolution: GET IN SHAPE..again!

In my last blog, I created three action steps to help get me motivated to lose the nasty weight that I put on and that I can totally feel holding me back when I'm trying to run. I had three action steps for this resolution.

Action Step 1: print out the YMCA workout schedule so I can actually see what the classes are instead of looking online here and there when I remember.----I am happy to report I did print this out today and I took a good look at the classes I'm interested in taking this month.

Action step 2: Chapel Hill 10 miler, 4/9/11. Oh yeah!!!! Nothing like 10 weeks of training 6 days a week to run a 15k. I am sooooooooo excited about this.---I haven't officially signed up for the race, but I did Google a great 10 week training program, as well as calendars for months January-April to record what workout/run I will be doing each week. I also shared with my most wonderful friend Angie/running partner about my plan to run the 10 miler and she is going to consider running it too which equals an AWESOME workout buddy!!! :)

Action step 3: Buy a new pair of sneaks b/c my other 2 pairs are no good!!!!!!----I haven't picked up a new pair yet, but plan to towards the end of the month when my training officially begins.

I must admit that I feel pretty good about the whole 10 mile race. 2 years ago when I first started running I did so because I needed change in my life. I needed something that would affect me in a positive way. That's when I stumbled across the C to 5k (couch to 5k) running plan which led to running my first 5k. I know 3.1 miles is no marathon, but for a girl who had never run a day in her life, and quit track after the third practice in 7th grade, that was a pretty big deal!!! Since then I've run six 5ks and one 10k. (6.2 miles) I've loved all of those races very much...even the Komen 5k that nearly killed me...but I need a new challenge. I need something that is going to completely take over my life (in a very good way) and just get me so motivated to push myself to the limit. I thought a 10 mile race would do that. And after looking at the running plan, I know it's totally possible!! Also, when I think back to all the working out (some weeks I would work out 6 days) and how I went from a size 8/10 to a size 6, I get excited knowing I can do that again. I LOVED how I looked and I just hate how I put all of it back on. It's got to go and it WILL!!!

To jump start my new fitness goal, I've decided to do a cleanse. I think about how glutinous I've been over Thanksgiving and Christmas and it's no wonder I've gained so much weight. I'm going to be starting the "lemonade diet" this Friday after work. Now, for those who not a clue what this diet is, I will explain. You simply drink a "lemonade concoction" for 10 days. I'm not going to be sipping on Country Time lemonade, I'm going to be drinking a mixture that consists of fresh lemon juice, organic grade B maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and water. Mmmmmmm, I bet your mouth is just watering away. Ha! Actually, after reading a book about the diet, along with some online reviews, I'm not too worried about the taste. I'll drink a gallon of my "lemonade" a day, along with a salt water flush in the AM, and an herbal tea in the PM. Oh and filtered water whenever I please. I can assure you it is not dangerous. The man who wrote the book I read has actually done the diet for 20 days and was completely fine. I wouldn't put my health at risk if I knew it was dangerous. Now, did I consult my physician? No. But I did do my HW and I feel pretty good about it. I purchased the maple syrup on Amazon over the weekend and dannnnnnng that stuff isn't cheap. I did get lucky and scored a really good deal. I picked up 64oz for 30 bucks. I'll pick up the rest of the necessary ingredients at Whole Foods this week. I'm sure I'll be completely miserable without food, but I love a challenge and this is one I can complete with willpower...and an empty fridge and pantry! :) I'm planning to blog the diet so please follow me along my 10 day lemonade journey! Who knows, maybe it will inspire you to do it too?! :D

Feel free to check out this site on the diet: http://bit.ly/12A4Vb
Or you can always read the book I read: Lose Weight, Have More Energy, & Be Happier in 10 Days by Peter Glickman. :)

1 comment:

  1. I found you! So fun seeing all the pics! I want to do the 10 miler too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)