Saturday, May 28, 2011

30 Day Challenge--Day 1

Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself

Here we goooooooo.......



It doesn't get more recent than this! I JUST took it! :) It's definitely black and white for a reason...as in I have NO make-up on. Ceci girl was snuggled up beside me so I just had to include her in the pic too! She's so darn cute!!!

Okay...next part...15 interesting facts about me:

**Please note I am not that interesting and this is not easy for me to do!!

1-I am one of 10. YES, 10 children. However, it's unfortunate to write that 3 are with Him. I never knew two of my siblings, Courtney Shannon and Edward Roy Pride III (Eddie) and my sister Tiffany passed at the short age of 17 after a traggic car accident. Oh, and not that it's a bad thing, but I'm not Mormon or Catholic.

2-I'm wrapping up my 6th year of teaching on June 30th. AND, I'm getting a student teacher in the fall! ME...a student teacher!!!! :) (Okay, this is technically 2 facts, but I'm counting them as one.)

3-I didn't get my driver's license until I was almost 21 and I am a lousy driver. I drive entirely too fast and I almost always hit the curb when turning right.

4-I live above my means. This has gotten me into trouble more than once.

5-I have a salty tooth versus a sweet one. I LOVE potato chips. So much so, I can eat an entire bag (a medium sized one) in one sitting. I can't believe I just admitted that. BUT, I haven't done that in years!!

6-When I was in high school (junior year) I skipped a whole lot of school. I hated school!!! And the ironic thing is that I'm a school teacher now and I LOVE it. Now, I get to go to school everyday! Hahaha. My mom and dad tease me about that now. :)

7-My dad taught me how to swim in our inground pool in Whelling, WV. I can't remember how old I was, but I do know I was very young. The day he taught me I was wearing cotton underwear with little yellow flowers on them. After I learned how to swim my dad let me jump off the diving board. Good memory. :)

8-I have a terrible temper. I keep it under control these days, but man I can get MAD and really do some damage with a specific 4 letter word. I'm not so much a reacter anymore so thankfully I don't get too worked up like I used to. Not exactly the best thing to admit. :/

9-I run. Longest distance to date: 10 miles.

10-I LOVE drinking beer at the beach. Miller Lite and the ocean go together hand-in-hand.

11-I take super hot showers.

12. I love going out to eat. Living in Raleigh is so great because they are sooooo many fun places to eat.

13-When I was 21 my boyfriend and I did a three week road trip across the south west. When we were in TX we decided to go into Mexico. So we headed into Ciudad Juárez. Ummmmm, have you heard how dangerous this place is?!? Yeah, I didn't know how dangerous it was at the time. I can remember he and I taking a bus into town and not having a clue what anyone was saying to us. Not the smartest thing to do!

14-I'm a horrible singer but I love to sing. Especially in the car! ;)

15-I really want to settle down and get married. I'm not rushing it though. I don't ever want to divorce. I want children too. 2, maybe 3. I HAVE to have a daughter. :)

So there you have it! :) 15 interesting facts about me. I hope I didn't bore you tears! This was actually kind of fun! :)

Now.....POOL TIME! I've got a new book and a few beers in the fridge. I'm looking forward to laying out for a few hours and relaxing!

See you tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)