Wednesday, June 15, 2011

30 Day Challenge--Day 19

Day 19- Nicknames you have; why do you have them

Most people who read my blog know me pretty well. But, you may not know my full name so these nicknames might not make complete sense to you. So first I will tell you that my full name is Ashley Brooke Pride.

Current Nicknames

Ash---this one's pretty self explanatory. My closest friends and family call me this. I will tell you though it bothers me when people who don't really know me call me Ash.

Crashley, Crashley Brooke, or just plain Crash--This is all my dad's doing. As a kiddo I was always scraped up and bruised. The nickname started as Crashley and over the years those other names came about. Crashley is my favorite nickname because my dad gave it to me. :)

Ash Pride--The first person who called me this was a girl I went to college with. Her name is Chasta. We met one another in summer school. She and I were in the same elementary science class. We sat beside each other. She kind of reminded me of myself when I first met her because she talked really fast and was kind of all over the place. We became instant friends. ;) To this day, I’ll still refer to myself as Ash Pride. In doing so, my friend Michael calls this too. :)

Ms. Pride--When I first started teaching and I would talk about my class to my family I was always referring to myelf in 3rd person (Yes, I know it's kind of strange.) My dad still calls me this and on occasion my other family members will too. Also, my friend, Aaron almost always calls me Ms. Pride when we talk.

Pride or "The Pride"--I dated a guy in college who called me these names. He and I no longer date but we occasionally text. He mostly just refers to me as Pride now.

Sweety--This one is kind of new. It’s actually more a term of endearment than a nickname but I still wanted to include it. This is what Guillermo calls me every so often. :) :) : )

Old Nicknames

Splashley--My best friend in middle school made this name up for me. Her name is Beth. My nickname for her was Beth-a-spree. I think I called her that because she ate Spree candy a lot. Do they even make that candy anymore?

Ash Bucket--My friend, Billy made this one up for me. He called me it a few times. It never seems to stick. (GOOD!!!)

Andddddddd....I guess I can share a nickname that a couple people have called me in the past jokingly. I will tell you though, I don't like this name at all!!! :( That nickname is Ashhole. I'm sure you can figure out why I don't want anyone to call me this. If not, you're on your own with that one!!!!

Oh, and just for fun I’ll share a fake name I used to use all the time when I would go out with friends. If a weirdo approached me I would tell him my name was Veronica. :) Hahahaha…love it!!!

There you have it. Feel free to comment on this blog post and tell me your nickname(s). I'd love to know!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)