Saturday, June 18, 2011

30 Day Challenge--Day 22

Day 22- What makes you different from everyone else

Well first of all, everyone is unique.  Every last one of us has something special to offer.  Sure we are all people and we have similar needs, but we couldn't be more different and I'm not just talking about physical appearances.  Being a teacher is the most rewarding thing in my life.  Not just because I'm teaching these kids and (hopefully) making a difference in their lives, but because I get to know my kids on a special level and learn all about their likes and dislikes and just really see the different personalities of all my students.  To me personality is what makes everyone different.

As you all know, I am not by any means a shy girl.  I LOVE talking to people.  I can talk to anyone.  The cashier in a store, the person at the drive thru window collecting my money and handing me my coffee, a passer by on the street, parents, co-workers, etc.  You name it and I can talk. :)  I like this quality about myself.  I feel like it's a special gift from God.  The ability to easily speak and feeling comfortable doing so.  I mean don't get me wrong, at times I do get nervous and I can get a little quiet, but it's only a matter of time (usually a pretty short amount of time) before I will open up.  I think it's easy for me to converse with people because I enjoy building relationships.  Even if it's just an acquaintance or someone I will never see again.  A few kind words can really make a person's day or even pick someone up who may have be feeling a little down. :)

Another thing that I feel makes me different from others is my vivacious personality.  I'm a super animated person, full of  vigor and spirit. I'm enthusiastic and just an all around happy person.  I smile all the time.  It's just who I am.  It's comes natural to me.  When I pass someone walking opposite to me, I'm going to acknowledge you, smile and say hi and/or ask you how you are doing. I can't not do it.  A man who works at the office in my apartment complex always call me smiley.  :)  I like that he notices that about me. But I can't forget to mention that I'm am also a silly little thing and there's a lot of "goofy" in me.  I'm also very scattered and forgetful too.  Oops!

Something else about me is I am encouraging and optimistic.  I like thinking on the bright side and being positive.  Of course I have my days when I am negative and down, but fortunately these days are few and far between. I like to keep my spirits high and think good thoughts.  I also like to listen and support people who may be down or trying to overcome something.  I like to be a cheerleader and a spirit lifter to those around me.  Everyone likes a boost and words of encouragement.  I know I do and I truly live by the motto of, "do unto other as you would have others do unto you" (Mathew 7:12)  or simply put, "treat people how you want to be treated."  The golden rule as my students always say.

Yesterday I was talking to my friend, Susan at work.  She is a lot like me when it comes to be outgoing and optimistic.  I was feeling a little down and she was talking to me about it.  Something that she told me that was so kind and made me feel so good was that I can light up a room with my smile. I like that she sees me that way.  That was a really nice thing to say about me.

Well there you have it.  I think I covered everything.  ;)  And I hope that you agree with the things I've written.  If not, or if you think I left something out, please feel free to comment!!! :)

:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)