Tuesday, June 21, 2011

30 Day Challenge--Day 24

Day 24- A letter to your parents

Dear Mom and Dad,

As we all know, I was not an easy child.  Out of your 7 kids, I was definitely the tough one.  You even said it yourself, Mom that when I was born you burst capillaries in your eyes from pushing so hard.  I wonder if you knew then what you were in for??  Sorry about that!  My teen years weren't the best and times were definitely tough, but we made it through.  And now look at me, nearly 28 years old (wahhhhhhhhh!!!) and a 2nd grade teacher.

Thanks for everything you have done for me as my parents.  I never went without and always had what I needed growing up.  I always had clothes on my back (lots of hand-me downs :)), a roof over my head, and my belly was always full!  One thing that I always loved growing up were the family meals we shared.  Eating together at the dinner table every evening was great.  Especially because so many people don't have that kind of family time.  I still say the prayer we said together nightly as a family to this very day, and I'll say it with my kids one day. :)

Dad, I love that you instilled the importance of education in me.  College was always a given and I  knew that was where I was headed after high school.  You worked so hard to put your me through school.  You gave all 7 of your kids the gift of education and for that I will forever be grateful.  How many people can say that their father put all 7 of his kids through college?  I know that no matter what happens in my life no one can ever take my education away from me.  I will always be able to take care of myself regardless of what happens.  Thank you so much for this.

Mom, I just don't know how you did it?  You were a stay-at-home-mom to 7 kids.  7 KIDS!!!  WOW!  You worked hard to teach us manners, look our best, and respect our elders.  You fixed hair, washed endless loads of laundry, and always had dinner on the table.  You carpooled us EVERYWHERE!  I don't know how you did it?  I appreciate everything you did for me as a child and now as an adult.  It feels amazing when you tell me you're proud of me and I love sharing all the exciting things that are going on in my life with you.

Mom and Dad, thanks for making me who I am today.  :)  I love you two more than you'll ever know.

I love you,
Ashley


My mom--Cheryl


My dad and I :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)