Thursday, June 2, 2011

30 Day Challenge--Day 6

Day 06- Favorite super hero and why.

Growing up I watched a lot of Nick at Night.  The shows that aired are far from the ones that are air today.  For example, if you were to watch Nick at Night this day you would find shows like That 70s Show, George Lopez, Full House, etc.  But back when I was a kiddo they aired shows like Get Smart, Dragnet, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, and The Adventures of Superman.  Now, I'm not talking about the Superman that aired in the 90s with Dean Kane and Teri Hatcher, I'm talking about the original, 1950s black and white series with George Reeves--not to be mistaken with Christopher Reeves who later played Superman in the late 70s/early 80s movies. 

Every show started out the same way: "The Adventures of Superman. Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound! Look up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Superman!"




Gotta love the costume!!! Look at those underwear! Haha!!!!! :) :) :)


I LOVED watching this show with my sisters and baby brother.  He liked it too--so much so that he had Superman jammies, a blazer, and briefcase.  Imagine a 2 or 3 year old playing Clark Kent one minute with his suit jacket, brief case in hand, and a diaper on the bottom!  Then the next minute he'd disappear and reemerge as Superman.  My brother was so cute as a kid!!!  I can remember all of us--Courtney, Dominique, Roy, and myself laying on the floor in my mom and dad's bedroom in the wee summer hours watching Superman together.  Growing up we didn't have central air, just two window units.  One was in the dining room to cool that room and the kitchen, and the other unit was in my parents room.  It was always so cool and comfy in their room.  We would bring in our pillows and blankets, set up our make-shift beds for the night, and settle in for some Nick at Night.  I can still remember the flying special effects! It didn't matter how cheesy they were though because I just loved it! :)  Maybe the fact that my siblings loved it too, and we always tuned in together is why Superman is my favorite super hero.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)