Sunday, June 5, 2011

30 Day Challenge--Day 8...a little late...oops!

Day 08- Short term goals for this month and why


**I started this blog yesterday but just never got around to finishing it. 

This post isn't as easy for me as the others in the challenge.  I guess because I really haven't thought too much about short term goals for the month.  I definitely should though since it's only the 5th day of June.  And now that I've already missed a day to post for the challenge, I definitely have another short term goal for the month.

1. Stick to my budget.  The past two months in a row I've overdrafted my checking account.  Yup, OVERDRAFTED, as in no money to clear a bill.  Let me just tell you that getting a notice from the bank about this is the worst feeling ever.  More disappointment on my part than anger.  It's just because I know how to budget and those months I didn't even bother with one. However, this month I got my act together and did a budget.  Now, you may be thinking to yourself that this shouldn't be a short term, but a long term goal, and I 100% agree.  But at this point, I'm just trying to get by one month at a time!

2. No procrastinating.  The end of the school year is just around the corner.  When I track back in on the 13th I'll only have 14 more school days until the last day.  This time of year is filled with paperwork to close out the year. (We have a big ol' packet of things we need to do.)  In past years I've put it off and have been scrambling to get things done.  This year will be different.  I'm going to do a little bit everyday to get it done in a "professional and timely manner" as my principal puts it. ;) 

3. Blog daily. This is a good short term goal since I'm taking part in a 30 day blog challenge. It's a 30 consecutive day challenge and not a 30 miss a day here and there challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)