Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday Funday

Today my sister and her family came to visit me in Raleigh.  :)  I love spending time with them.  We had lunch at The Diner on Glenwood Ave, hit the NC Museum of History, and finished up with a special trip to the Lego Store. :)

First was lunch.







James...He was a bit naughty at the restaurant!












My sister Jaclyn and brother-in-law, Jim.





Not the greatest picture of me, but I love any picture with my niece and nephew. :)
Of course they needed gumballs after lunch.

Lunch was good, but when we were walking back to the car I slipped on the steps (wet from the rain) and I fell backwards down the steps.  Fortunately, I didn't hurt my back and just skinned my elbows.  My niece worries at the sight of blood and asked if I was going to die.  Poor kiddo!!!  I hate that she has that kind of fear.  Jaclyn has like three first aid kits in her car and cleaned me right up.  What a great big sis!!! :)

Then we were off to the museum.  :)   We limited out visit to an hour.  With a 4 and 6 year old in a history museum, an hour is pretty much the limit.  We're going to make a few trips back until we see everything.  :)  My camera died, but not before I got a few pictures.

 Snuggle!



Royce and James liked the cow display best.  Did you know a cow can produce 6 gallons of milk a day?!  Wow!!




After the museum, we made our way to the Lego Store at Crabtree Mall.  That place was crazy!  Kids galore and loud loud loud voices! :)  I didn't mind it though.  I like seeing kids excited and enjoying themselves.  My nephew LOVES legos.  And those things are not cheap!  He loves the Lego Deathstar from Star Wars and it's $400!!!!  Who in the world would buy something like that?!  Jim and Jaclyn spent $65.  That's a lot of money for plastic!  The kids were building people so I took a couple pics on my cell.


We had a really great day together.  Jaclyn, Jim, and I all had a good laugh about the cooler they packed for the trip.  Here's what they had: coke, lemonade, crackers, energy bars, granola bars, leftovers from the restaurant, a pack of water, and mini bags of chips.  They live an hour from me!!!!!!  CRAZY!  But with kids, I guess you never know what you may need for a quick day trip! :)

2 comments:

  1. They would love LegoLand in California. We never got a chance to go when we lived there. I love legos so one day I'm hoping to take our kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me LOL at work this morning 'My niece worries at the sight of blood and asked if I was going to die.'. HAHA! Sorry just thought it was funny... 'Are you going to die Auntie Ashley?' ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)