Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday, only the BEST day of the week! :)

Sleeping in, sigh. I don't think I could be any happier right now.  :)  I love going to bed on a Friday night and not having to set my alarm for the morning.  Just knowing that as I snuggle myself into my blankets I can just sleep is the best feeling to me!  No schedule, no plan, just SLEEP.  This morning I rolled my lazy bones out of bed at 9:30.  And I feel great!!  I'm currently lounging on the couch, having my morning cup of coffee, watching an old favorite on T.V., Fried Green Tomatoes.  I love this movie.  :)  Saturday is and will always be my favorite day of the week. :)  I don't know what I'm going to do when I have kids one day and can't sleep in, or worse, take random weekend naps anymore?!  No weekend naps?!!!!!???  I just can't imagine not having those!! hahaha  :)

Anyway, I'll catch you up on what's been going on with me.  I just wrapped up my third week of school and I am so pleased with how everything is going with my 22 kiddos.  I have such a great group of sweet, respectful, and CUTE kids.  My co-worker, Megan, who is a 2nd grade teacher and my track-mate (we're both on track 2) has a son and he's in my class this year!  He is such a great kid and I am so happy to have him in my class.  It's the first time I've ever had a teacher's child in my class.  :)  I couldn't ask for  a better teacher's kiddo to have!!!!

Speaking of school, we've been so lucky to already have our first outbreak of lice in 2nd grade.  AHHHH!!!! Not in my class, PHEW, but still in 2nd grade.  The minute you hear that lice is making it's way to clean heads (that's what lice prefers)  your head starts itching.  And me being super paranoid, thinks I have it when my scalp itched ever so slightly.  When I was in 2nd grade I was lucky enough (yeahhhh, suuuuuuure) to get lice.  And not just once, several times!  My mother had lost her mind by the time time she finally got rid of it!  Poor girl, with 7 kids how in the world to you keep that under control?!  My older sisters were mean to me too (I don't believe they ever got it) and referred to me as "licer."  Wahhhhhhhhhhh, meanies!!!!

So, besides creepy, crawly bugs making their way from head to head, last weekend was a BIG weekend for two very special 4 and 6 year olds.  That's right folks, my niece and nephew's joint birthday parties!!  Whoo-hoo!!  Talk about a great time for James and Royce.  Not only did LOTS of their friends come from their preschool classes, but they were lucky enough to have Nana, (my mom)  Papa, (my dad)  Aunt Dean (sister, Shannon), Aunt Lullabell, (sister, Courtney)  Uncee Roy, (little bro)  and of course Mitz (ME..AKA Aunt Mitzy) there to join in on the celebration.  :) (YES, I am aware that we all have unusual names that our niece nephew call us it.  It's a family thing!!!!)  And what a celebration it was.  Between the princess theme, Star Wars theme, lion pinata, and tasty food, it was a fun party.  All of the parents stayed (of course, since the kids are still too young to just drop them off and go) and it just made me excited to be a mom one day and see my children so excited to be at a party. :)  Here are some pictures from the party.  I like to include photos not just because pictures freeze the moment in time, but also because my younger sister, Dominique lives in Alaska and doesn't get to see the kiddos often at all!  Here you go Domi!!!!!!

Royce--the big 4 year old

James--6

Singing happy birthday to the kids.  James looks so sweet.  He's bashful in this picture.  

It's was soooooo hot outside.  The party had to be held inside.  Hence the indoor pinata!

 Jamesey-poo

 Royce :)

 James and Aunt Mitzy

I love my nephew so much!!

 Little fishy face

 Royce playing with her birthday toys.

James and Aunt Dean (AKA Shannon)

It was so nice to be able to spend time with the kiddos last weekend AND to see my family.  And I was ever so luck to partake in a very special sleepover with my nephew Saturday night.  How lucky am I??!!  This weekend I'm also lucky enough to have another visit with the kiddos when they come to Raleigh tomorrow for a family visit!  YES!!!!  I'll definitely post more pictures of whatever our adventures may be.

My weekends have been filled with lots of family time and I couldn't be happy. :)  I'm also happy to announce that I am going to be moving in about a month!!!  I'm moving in with my very sweet friend, Yazmeen.  But not only will I be living with her, I'll also be living with Ace Man Jr.  Oh who is Ace Man Jr. you ask?  Well take a look!

Acey Pooh!!!!!

This sweet picture was taken at Lake Gaston on the boat.  Ace is looking so sharp in his float coat!!! :)

I'm really looking forward to my new living adventure with Yazz!  :)  Here's a picture of us at our dear friend, Celeste's Kentucky Derby themed bridal shower.


And so I must end this post.  I have t say it's taken me almost two hours to write because I'm watching the movie and blogging at the same time.  That's okay though.  I'm relaxing and enjoying my Saturday morning. It's about to get busy though.  PACKING TIME!!!!!!!  See you soon!!! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of your niece and nephew. Glad you got to visit with much of your family that weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)