Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!!!!

Happy Birthday Ashley Brooke Pride!  28 years old and none-the-wiser.  Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh riiiiiiiiight!  I feel like my 27th year of life was my most profound one yet.  I've really learned a lot about myself in a year, and have really discovered who I am and what's most important to me.  :) And surprisingly, I don't feel awful about being 28 because I know it's just a number.  But I will say the years are moving by so quickly!!!!  For example,  the first group of kids I ever taught are in 9th grade now!  That's right folks, high school!!  I began teaching at the ripe young age of 22.  I had only been 22 for a few weeks when my first group of kiddos walked into my life.  And really, it feels like the years have passed by in the blink of an eye.  However, I can't sit around and think about the past, because I have a wonderful future ahead of me!

So, for this blog I have decided to share 28 random things about myself.  One fact for each year of my life. :)  Here we go!!!!!

1. When I was in elementary school I was in chorus, all-county chorus, and all-state chorus.  I loved singing, but my voice really isn't all that great.  Okay, it stinks!  hahaha
2.  I had a solo in 7th grade to The Little Mermaid.  :)  I sung: "Look at this trove, treasures untold, how many wonders can one cavern hold?  Lookin' around here you'd think, this girl's got everything."  I think it's funny that I still remember this!
3.  I disdain having to go to the Sprint store.  I am angry the moment I walk in.  I have a Palm Pre (worst cell phone ever) and have had so many problems with it.  Sprint has the worst set up for customer service and I am almost always in there for over an hour waiting.
4.  I'm almost certain I am addicted to Starbucks energy drinks.  I crave them daily.   Mocha is my favorite.
5.  The states I've been to are: Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina (DUH!!!), Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia.  And I've been to Canada a few times and Mexico twice.  Oh, and I know all 50 states in ABC order so it was super easy to go down the list and write down all the states I've been to. :)
6.  The first concert I ever went to was Alanis Morissette.  I was in the 7th grade.  I went with my best friend Amber, a girl named Nicole, and Amber's mom.  It was on a school night.  We drove from Morgantown, WV to Pittsburgh, PA to see the concert.  I actually can't believe my mom let me go.
7.  I have a brown thumb.  I kill every plant.
8.  I didn't play sports in school.  I've actually never played a sport in my life.  I run, but that's not really a sport.
9.  I love fruit and vegetables.  My favorite fruit is pineapple and I don't really have a favorite veggie.  I pretty much love them all.  Yes, even spinach.  I love when I go to an event and there are fruit and veggie trays.  I LOVE raw veggies.  No dip required either.
10. I'm horrible at picking movies to rent.  I seem to almost always pick the dumbest movies possible.
11. I love going to places like the Dollar Store, Family General, Dollar Tree, etc.  Being a teacher there are many things I've purchased over the years for my classroom in these stores.  Cute copy paper, stickers, pencils, erasers, envelopes, prizes for the prize box, etc.  You never know what kind of things you'll find walking around these stores?!
12. I rarely floss my teeth.  I really want to be a regular flosser, but I'm lazy and just don't.
13. I'm one of those people who can listen to a song over and over and over again on repeat.
14. My least favorite subject to teach is social studies.  I try to make it more exciting for the kids, but man it's boring!
15.  I had my first boyfriend at 14.  He was 16 and his name was Kent.  He was a "skater boy" and at one point he even had a Mohawk.  My parents hated him.  My mother actually brought him up the other day and was going on and on about me dating him.  Then I reminded her that I dated him 14 years ago and asked if she would ever be able to let it go!?! :-)  Ohhhhhh mom!  hahaha
16. I like listening to movie soundtracks.  I have the soundtrack from the movie Pride and Prejudice and I absolutely LOVE it.  I know the CD beginning to end and know what songs match the scenes in the movie.  This is also my all time favorite movie.  Mr. Darcy is my dream man!! :)
17. As I am in the process of packing up my apartment to move, I have realized some things about myself.  1. I have tons of baskets.  I just counted 10 from where I'm sitting on the couch (I'm not willing to part with any of them either.  I'm not a hoarder, I just think they have so many purposes.) 2. I have way too many flowers vases (I guess I've received a lot of flowers over the years.  I will be getting rid of many of these.) 3. I like decorative candles.  (I won't be burning any of them!!)   4.  I have 6 different center piece trays. (I like trays!)
18. My refrigerator and pantry always look so bare.  I don't really grocery shop often and when I do I just buy what I need for now.  I don't stock up on can goods and I have hardly and spices.  I rarely cook and when I do it's something super fast like pasta or maybe even cereal!! I hope to one day have more patience and try to learn.
19.  My favorite drink from Starbucks is a grande skinny hazelnut latte.
20. I shave my armpits and legs everyday.  Even in the winter.
21. I am horrible with money and I have no savings.  My goal is to change this now that I am going to have a roommate and will be spending way less on rent.
22.  I prefer white wine over red.
23. I smoked for 10 years. BLEH!!!!!  Smoke free for 3 1/2 :)
24. My favorite type of clothing to buy are dresses.  I love wearing dresses.  I feel so feminine and pretty when I wear a dress. :)  I own LOTS of dresses!!
25.  It completely grosses me out when I go into people's bathrooms and they have reading material on or around the toilet.  I immediately have a visual of that person sitting there, pants around their ankles, just passing the time on the pot.  GROSS!!!
26.  My favorite Jelly Belly jellybean is pear.  I'm munching on them now as I write this blog.  My least favorite type is popcorn.  Gag me!
27. I hate hanging up my clothes.  They will sit in the dryer and in baskets for days.  I also have clothing hanging over doors, on door knobs,  and all over my dresser.  It can get pretty bad too!!!  I always joke around when someone sees my messy room and  tell them that someone broke in my house, ripped all my clothes of the hangers, and left. Hahaha :)
28. I played the flute in the 6th grade.  I was 2nd chair most of the year.  My band teacher had really stinky breath and I hated when he would use my flute to model something.  Ewwwwww!!!!!

And lastly, one to grow on....29. I almost always swallow my gum. Yup, it's true!!

1 comment:

  1. You & zack love pear jelly beans. That GROSSES me out!!! We love jelly bellies in our house :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)