Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Home Sweet Home! xo

My WV visit has officially come to an end.  I'm in Raleigh again and it feels great being home!!  Living out of a suitcase is tough!  Meredith and Brent were more than kind while I was with them and I am grateful to have them both in my life.  :)  I hope to have them visit me one day.  I want to show them all around and give them a taste of my life.

WV is so very different than NC.  In WV you have two lanes per side on the interstate and the roads are super windy.  I get scared driving the roads in WV.  I'm just not used to them.  I prefer driving my NC roads much more!!  And even though my sister lives in the city Charleston, it's just soooo different than living in Raleigh. There's endless "stuff" to do here, but in WV you're pretty limited.  It's hard to believe I was born and raised in WV.  I could never in a million years move back.  I just love it in NC too much.  When I was driving home today I pretty anxious to make it back to NC.  Not Raleigh, just making it into the state.  I just don't like driving through the mountains in WV and VA.  I feel much more at ease once I hit flat and straight.

I will say something VERY SCARY happened to me on the way home.  A man was following me very closely in WV and got mad when I slowed down to 55 in a construction area.  I could see him yelling and throwing his hands up in my rear view mirror.  Once the construction ended, he whipped around me and was acting like a crazy yelling at me.  I may have provoked him with a gesture and this proved to be a BAD idea.  He cut me off and slammed on his breaks.  Then he slowed down to like 50.  I was too scared to pass him (he could have had a weapon or something) so I just drove behind him.  Eventually he pulled off to the side of the road and I hurried up and drove past.  Then he comes flying up behind me, cuts me off again, and slammed his on his breaks.  People, this man was CRAZY!  I was sooooo happy when he got off at the next exit.   I was for sure shaken up.  I learned a valuable lesson here, don't acknowledge psycho drivers in any way and don't do anything to provoke them!!  Lesson learned!

Okay, enough of that.  Here are a couple pictures I took at Mer's this morning of us just hanging out.  She has the cutest bichons and we had so much fun playing with them. :)

 A little snuggle session with Armani and Versace. :)

 Mer and Versace.  (I have a super sweet spot for that pup!)

 One last sister pic before hitting the road.  

Until next time, Meredith!! xoxo

I stopped by Burlington on my way back to Raleigh to hang out with my sister, Jaclyn and the kids.  PICTURES!!!






I took all the pics on my cellular.  I was too lazy to walk out to the car to grab my camera.  I stayed for dinner and then went with Jaclyn, Jim, and the kids to pick up a few things James needs for tomorrow---his 1st day of kindergarten!!  I just CANNOT believe this kiddo is starting school.  I can remember the first time I ever held him like it was just yesterday.  I can't wait to hear all about his big day tomorrow.  :)

Well there you have it, bloggers!!  Until next time!! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see you blogging again! Glad your track out is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)