Monday, August 8, 2011

A very SPECIAL birthday weekend in review!

**For you blog skimmers out there---I encourage you to read this and not just look at the pictures. You do not want to miss out on a single important detail. :P

It's official folks, I'm 28 years old.  Just two measly years away from the big 3-0.  Yikes!!!  Thank goodness it's still 2 years away!!

My birthday weekend was the best birthday I have ever had!  And it's all thanks to one amazing man.  You may have read a blog or two with mention of his name.  Yes, yes, I'm talking about Guillermo Velarde.

Taken at breakfast Sunday morning.  (So handsome.)

Oh my, he really outdid anything anyone has ever done for me to help me celebrate a birthday.  Here's my weekend breakdown. 

Friday:  After an easy and quick dinner at Hibachi Express, and tasty frozen yogurt treat at Yopop, Guillermo told me to be ready by 9am the next morning. 

Saturday: I was ready to go by 9 and suspected Guillermo was bringing over breakfast, but nope, I was very wrong!  When he got to my house he took me to my closet and started asking me questions.  He had me pick out what I would wear if I was: going to a nice dinner, going bowling, going to a movie, going putt-putt golfing, going to the beach, and going to sleep.  Then he had me get the accessories I would need to go with these outfits, including shoes.  Next, I had to get what I would need to get ready like make-up and what I would need to stay overnight somewhere.  After all these things were collected and on my bed, he told me to put it all in a bag and we were leaving.

So we hit the road.  I thought we were on our way to Wilmington because we had originally planned a day trip for Sunday to the beach.  We got on 95 and kept going past all the Wilmington exits.  Around 11 we  stopped at Denny's to eat.



I had pancakes (suddenly I love them!) and then we made our way past the well known, shady "South of the Border" tourist trap.  By this time I had figured out that we were going to Myrtle Beach.  Gosh, it's been years since I've been!  And even though it was raining and we were stuck in traffic for what seemed like forever, I still was having such a great time just passing the time with Guillermo.
Poor Guillermo just wanted to be there already.
I didn't mind the drive at all.
Looking for a shortcut on his phone. 
After a loooooooong trip, we made it there at 3.  And let me tell you, he really outdid himself when it came to where we stayed.  Oh my, it was so nice!!  Our room was actually a sweet with a kitchen, dining area, living room, huge bathroom, and my favorite, a king size bed. :)  (I can't wait to own one of these!)  It was easily the cleanest place I've ever stayed. :) G didn't even know it was going to be so nice!! :) It was a Holiday Inn Resort and it had LOTS of cool things.  We didn't even care that it was still kind of rainy and blah, and put on our swim suits and went to one of the pools anyway.  The pool was perfect with joint indoor/outdoor access and a lazy river. :)  This was my favorite.  I love lazy rivers! :) 



After a fun time at the pool, with  fruity drinks, and some loops around the lazy river, the sun had come out.  It was starting to get pretty busy and that was our cue to get the heck out of there!!  So we hung out in the room for a while before we made our way to Broadway at the Beach.  

Before we left our room for dinner.
There we walked around for quite some time before having dinner at the Hard Rock.

First they were friends.  
But then it attacked! :)

I really wanted to go to the Hard Rock because I've only been to one and that was when I was at Niagara Falls.

To remember eating at the Hard Rock.

Then I insisted I have a pic too. :)
 After a yumster salad and a surprise ice cream sundae :) we headed back to our room.

How could I not have a cheeser smile?!
 It was getting close to midnight and that was right around the time I noticed a present on top of the TV. :)  At 12 I got to open it.  What I unwrapped was the best present ever!  A KINDLE!!!!  FOR ME!  I was so happy and just so overwhelmed with everything Guillermo had already done for me that I cried.  :)  He's just so sweet. :)

Sunday: We went to bed, okay fell asleep with the light and TV on around 1 and were up again at 8:30.  We hit the pool again for a quick trip, got ready and was out of there by the 10 am checkout.  After all the nice things Guillermo had done for me, I insisted on paying for breakfast, putt-putt, and the Bodies Exhibit we had planned to go see the night before when we saw advertising for it at Broadway at the Beach.  We ate breakfast at a mom and pop restaurant and it was really good.

It was necessary that I have all three of these drinks and then arrange them accordingly.    
Our server was really odd and creepy, but that just made our breakfast more fun.  That, and when the old lady who took our ticket couldn't understand what Guillermo was saying (his accent) and looked at me for translation.  hahahaha

Anyway, Putt-Putt was fun and I melted away the whole time, make-up and all.  For some reason I wore jeans and I paid for that too.  I lost big time, but I did manage to get a hole in one on a not-so-easy hole.  G got two and I was pretty impressed. :)







My hole in one beforehand. :)

This is the hole where I got my hole-in-one.  Guillermo, not so much! :P

  Next, (after I changed into a sun dress) we made our way back to Broadway at the Beach for the Bodies Exhibition.  Oh my goodness, this was so neat.  I really recommend that you check it out if it ever makes it your way.  I learned some really interesting things about our VERY COMPLEX bodies.  Mine and G's favorite part were the blood vessel exhibits.  Wow, is all I can say!  There were no cameras or cell phones allowed so we took no pictures.  We saw things like what a brain looks like after a stroke and with brain cancer.   We saw what healthy lungs look like, and also saw lungs with lung cancer and tuberculosis.  Icky!  We saw internal organs, bones, skulls, a male and female pelvis, and about a zillion other things.  I'm super interested in it now and spent some time last night Googling more information about this.
Getting ready to feed the slimy fish.

Here fishy fishy.
Help!
We wrapped up our time at Myrtle with lunch at Senor Frogs.  I must admit that I like the Senor Frogs in Waikiki better, but still, it was great.  Pretty much everything about my birthday weekend was great.  Just being able to spend my time with Guillermo made it perfect.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)