Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I think I'm going to be sick!

This morning while I was eating breakfast I was thumbing through my roomie's People magazine.  On the cover featured Kim Kardashian and promises of the "exciting" details from her recent wedding.  Looking at the pictures of the 3, yes THREE dresses she wore estimating 20,000 a piece, the 10,000 wedding cake, and who could forget the 10,000 spent on the wedding invitations made my jaw drop to the floor.  It's said that the wedding totaled 10 million dollars. 

Kim Kardashian PEOPLE

Reading this seriously made me sick.  It's completely disgusting to me that these people spent their money on a bunch of nothing!  There are people in the Central African Republic (CAR) who don't have clean drinking water, not to mention that the cost of the wedding alone could have fed the whole nation of Somalia, but these people spend 10,000 on a cake!  A CAKE!  And invitations that will end up in the trash.  And all for who? Kim Kardashian.  A nobody made famous for her booty, sex tape, and trashy family on TV.  It makes me sick to think how people with so much money do a whole lot of nothing with it.

Children are starving and Kim is wearing a 2 million dollar engagement ring.  I wonder if she's ever even heard of Somalia? 

A malnourished child at Banadir Hospital in Mogadishu, Somalia. More than 500,000 Somali children are verging on starvation. (www.nytimes.com)

How can people even live with themselves?  

I don't want to end this post on a completely depressing note.  There are many people in this world who care about serving those in dire need.  My pastor from Hope Community Church, his wife, and a few other people are in Uganda for 10 days making a difference.  If you're interested in what they are doing please follow their blog HERE.  I'm definitely going to follow! 

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. It is sad what people feel is important.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)