Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I'm hurting!!

Besides running to train for my 10 mile race in October, the plan I'm following calls for other cardio workouts.   Up until yesterday I had only been running.  However, running isn't enough. I have gained soooooo much weight in 2 years and I'm all about losing it.  I'm tired of not being able to fit into my clothes and wearing things that hide the weight I've put on.  It's super depressing, people!!!  I'm no dummy though, and I know exercise isn't the only thing that's going to help me drop pounds.  I've cut out a lot of garbage from my diet---sweets, soda, fried foods, fast food, etc.

Anyway, since the training plan is calling for other cardio exercises along with running, that's what I'm doing.  I have a membership to the YMCA so I have a variety of cardio classes I can choose from.  Yesterday I took a class.  It was a real booty kicker too.  It's called Power Hour Xtreme. (PHX)   Here's the class description:


Power Hour Xtreme (PHX):  This is an advanced level, 55 min. athletic-based class which uses your body weight, drills and plyometrics.  This class is geared for the athlete.

I think it should read:

This is an advanced level, 55 minutes of pure hell class, guaranteed to make you so damn sore in the morning that it hurts to walk, bend, reach, and breath.  This class is not geared for the weak.

So you can probably guess how I'm feeling today.  My plan to run 3 at Lake Johnson has failed.  I hurt! However, I'm no weak-willed woman and I'll be taking this class again Thursday.  (Let's hope I can move by then!)  

2 comments:

  1. You don't need to lose weight. you're beautiful just the way you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should run or do some cardio it will make you feel better. I PROMISE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)