Thursday, September 15, 2011

Just Ace and me!

My 10 mile run is in a little over a month and I still am nowhere close to being ready.  I've been doing much better though with actually hitting the pavement and building my endurance.  AND, I haven't fallen again since the trail run a few weeks back.  (Thank goodness!)

Anyway, since moving in with Yazz I've been able to take her dog running with me twice. :)  The first time Ace (AKA Acie Poo) ran with me, my running partner, Erin was there and she held the leash.  I didn't want to because I had never run with a dog before and she had.  (I didn't know what to expect so I thought I'd just observe!)  But yesterday, it was just Acie Poo and me.  I actually think Ceci was jealous watching me and the pooch head out the door.  I will say it was fun, but a bit of a challenge to get into a running groove at first.  The first half of the run Ace took ME for a run.  He LOVED running down the hills.  He also liked marking his territory and taking care of his business more than once! ;-)  But overall I really liked it! It was nice having company, and by the end of the run he was doing awesome with staying straight on the trail. He had stopped zigzagging all over the trail and trying to drag me into the lake or the bushes!  Ha!  Oh Acie, you are a sweet little poochie!

Check him out.  Isn't he just the sweetest little thing you've ever seen?!

 Cutest passenger I've ever had!! :-)  

Awww, I'm melting!!  He's so darn cute!!! :-)  

1 comment:

  1. Running with a dog is great. They almost motivate & keep you going. The bad part is the peeing & marking territory. I'd like to say it gets better but everytime you go to a new running spot or a place other dogs pee, this will happen. They eventually run out of pee & energy and start running next to you. I love running with my dogs, BUT 2 is a challenge. They've tripped me before which isn't fun. So the more you run with him the more it will become old hat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)