Monday, January 30, 2012

Running.....like it's my job! (week 4)


On Sunday I wrapped up my 4th week of training for my 1/2 marathon at the end of March.  I'm doing well sticking to my training plan and have logged plenty of miles since the start of my training.  I'll tell you though, I'm tired!  Training is exhausting--physically and mentally.  Week 4 was more mentally exhausting than physically though.  I don't mind running at all.  It's my thing, my niche.  But I dreaded 4 out of my 5 runs.  They weren't even long runs--3 and 4 miles tops! I guess what it really boils down to is running after a long day of work, meetings, tutoring, etc. makes for a VERY LONG day.  And I wanted nothing more than to go home and be a lazy bones.  Good thing for my dear friend/running parter, Erin who kept me on track.  

I logged 21 miles week 4.  My 7 mile run on Sunday at the Tobacco Trail was my best run of the week.  But really, any run on a flat surface like the Tobacco Trail trumps a hilly run at Lake Johnson any day. 

Tonight I'm running an easy 4.  On Monday nights Erin and I run the Tir Na Nog Pub Run in Downtown Raleigh.  We LOVE this run.  Running in Raleigh is pretty cool and a TON of people show up.  Not just a few, like hundreds!  Afterwards, we scarf down $1 salad and pasta, (yes, $1)  and depending on what I have going on afterwards, we stay for trivia.  Tonight we're staying for trivia. Fun for sure!

Here's to a better week of training and a kick a*s 8 mile run on Saturday! :) 

Here's a great running quote:

"Some people create with words, or with music, or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, "I've never seen anyone run like that before." It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better then anyone else. It's being creative." -unknown





2 comments:

  1. Wow...when I grow up, I want to run just like you, lol! You are my hero!! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you are saying. I'm looking forward to a little longer break after the race(s) in March. Love you running buddy!

    xoxo
    A

    http://eloquentenglish1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)