Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week 1--13.1 New York

This week was my first official week of training for the half marathon I'll be running on March 24th with Erin and Jennifer in NYC.  I'm exhausted!  I'm not used to having only 1 rest day per week.  My shin splints are going full force and my right ankle has hurt on three of my runs this week.  That's not enough to stop me from running like it's my job though!

My plan is to record my weekly workouts on my blog.  My friend Amanda has a cool way of documenting her weekly workouts so I'm taking a page out of her book and using her format.  :)

Monday: 3 miles @ pace vs 4.5 miles
Tuesday: speed training vs 3.5 mile
Wednesday: 3 miles vs 3 miles @ speed
Thursday: rest vs rest
Friday 3 miles vs 3 miles
Saturday: 5 miles vs 5 miles
Sunday: 4 miles easy vs. 5 miles easy (We ran a new trail @ Lake Crabtree and didn't know the entire loop was 6.5 miles. )

total distance logged: 24 miles

If you're wondering what the easy, pace, and speed training means let me explain.
easy- 11-11:30 minute miles
pace- 10:30 minutes miles (This is what we are planning to run our miles in during the half.)
speed- 10:00 minute miles

I have this AWESOME app on my iPhone called iMapMyRun that keeps track of my distance, pace, and calories burned.  I can also see the route I've run which is nice to see what I've accomplished after each run.  I really love this app!!

So there you have it.  Until next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)