Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happenings

I've been on a mini blog hiatus.  Not really all that much to say.  Happens to the best of us.

So what's been going on with me, you ask?  I'll catch ya up!

Since I last posted I'm back to my old running self.  My back feels better and I got over that dreadful cold.  I managed two runs last week.  A short 3 mile hill run Thursday and then a 9 miler on Saturday.  I just know the Lord created last Saturday just for me. :)  The weather was perfect.  Overcast, with a cold front moving in.  Erin and I beat the cold weather and had an amazing run.  My calves are still a little sore from that run.  A week off will do that to you though.

I tracked out last Wednesday and had two workdays Thursday and Friday.  Last week was hard for me.  My very good friend and co-worker, Megan resigned from her job.  Her husband was relocated back to where they are from in Texas.  I've known they were leaving since Thanksgiving, but all that time still wasn't enough to prepare me for how sad I would be.  I had Megan's son, Liam in my class too.  I love that child so much.  He's so sweet, loving, smart, and an all around neat kid.  He has so much potential and will do amazing things in his life.  I'm going to miss them both so very much.  Fortunately, they are in town for one more week and I'm going to meet up with Megan next week for a last hang out.  Plus, I'm going to make my way out to Texas to visit them one of these days!  Megan is going to help me find a road race to run out there too! :)

I had to get a couple pics of them on our last day before we all tracked out.

Aren't they just the sweetest!

I took pictures at Megan's going away soiree my 2nd grade team had for her. (This was a couple weeks ago but still deserves a spot on the blog!) We all met up at Sparians in North Raleigh for bowling and beverages.  So fun!  We're all horrible bowlers by the way!

 Megan
 Emily, Angie, Megan, Me

 Emily, Angie, and Megan

 Angie and me

This cake was sooooo good!

Cheers!

That night was a lot of fun. :)

I've been subbing since I'm tracked out.  I've been lucky enough to sub high school too.  My favorite.  :)  I've been an art teacher all week while the real teacher's been away with jury duty.  Eek!!

What else.....

I donated blood today for the very first time.  It was great and I am totally going to be doing it again.  I'd tried a few times in the past but my iron was always too low so I wasn't able to.  My friend told me to eat a cheeseburger because red meat has lots of iron.  Hey, no problem there!  :)  I took pics of my donating blood adventure today.


Valentine's Day came and went.  I miss when I was younger and my mom would always give my siblings and me V-Day socks.  This year I was forced to settle for this instead...


Okay, so maybe I wasn't forced. ;)  Erin and I headed to Ruckus for drinks and garlic knots.  We were surprised too by the live music.  Live 90's music at that!  :)  Ohhh yeah!

So that about sums up my days since I last posted.

Until I write again...

2 comments:

  1. I used to donate regularly. Such a good feeling to know you are helping someone out.♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)