Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Week 5: What a BUST!

Week 5 of my 1/2 marathon training plan was nothing to write home about. It started off pretty promising though!  Erin and I hit the pub run in Raleigh last Monday (1/30) and ran 3 miles. (We showed up a little late so we ran 3 and not 4.)  Easy run!  Tuesday and Wednesday were rest days for us.  After 6 consecutive days of running we really needed two days off.  On Thursday we ran in the evening so we ran sidewalks.  Within the first three minutes of the run I noticed a pain in the lower right side of my back.  It went away pretty quickly so Erin and I kept going.  We ran 4.5 miles that night.

Fast forward to Friday morning around 6 am.  I was messing around in the pantry, and after leaning down to pick something up I had a HORRIBLE pain in my lower back.  The same spot that hurt briefly the night before on my run.  Uh-oh!  The pain continued through Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday.  That meant no running for me.  :(  No bueno all the way!  I missed out on 15.5 miles of running and logged only 7.5 miles for the week. 

My back is feeling so much better, but too bad I have a disgusting cold holding me back now.  I was in bed last night by 8pm.  The powers of Nyquil and the effect it has on me.  I could barely hold my eyes open 20 minutes after I took it.  I still feel pretty blah today.  I'm hoping to feel better by this afternoon and get in a run. 

In the meantime, I'm going to continue loading up on cold meds and cough drops. 

P.S.  I was watching Grey's Anatomy the other day---LOVE this season, and they played a song I hadn't heard in ages.  A VERY GOOD song at that!!  Give it a listen...you won't regret it!  It's by Rilo Kiley and is called Portions for Foxes.  The name of the song is weird and so is the video, (Very strange video--I just watched it for the first time!!) but the song is so good!!! 


1 comment:

  1. UGH! I hope you feel better soon :( I am ready to just make the kiddos shower in Lysol, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)