Tuesday, March 27, 2012

New York, New York--Instagram Addition



Race Day has come and gone.  I was lucky enough to run my first 1/2 marathon in NYC over the weekend.  Talk about an AWESOME trip!!!  48 hours of sheer fun and excitement!  I'm super sad it's over, but so happy for all the awesome memories I have of the trip.  My run was an AMAZING experience and I can't wait to share it with y'all.  In the meantime, I'd like to share a few pictures I took and later Instagrammed.  You know I'm just crazy about this app and so I wanted to share some of what I did and saw in the city. Enjoy!!

I snapped this on the way to a bodega in Queens.  

 Manhattan

 The Statue of Liberty

 We caught the ferry in Battery Park to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.

 The MOMA.  The last time I was in NYC I was 18.  I went with friends and this was the one place I wanted to go.  There was a Vincent Van Gogh exhibit that I was dying to see.  The Starry Night was the one painting I HAD to see.  Well, the plans were messed up and we didn't make it there. :(  I was sooooo bummed!!

 But look what I found when I turned the corner!!!  I had no idea that this beauty stays in the MOMA. :)

 On the ferry.  Such a cool view of Manhattan.

 I had to have my pic taken with Lady Liberty. 

 Manhattan in all it's SUPER TALL glory.

 I wasn't expecting to see so many signs of spring in NY.  This tree was by our hotel in Queens.

 I found love in the city!

 Erin and I took our medals out with us Saturday night to celebrate our 13.1 mile race. 

 These are the pics of Erin, Jennifer, and I moments after we crossed the finish.

 Us with the Unisphere in the back.

In the Subway Station.

Instagram...talk about a cool way to display pictures!!!!!!  I'll have more photos and details about the race sooooooon!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMGracious...what AMAZING pictures! You packed a TON into such a short trip! So much fun :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)