Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My New Obsession

I love music. Always have, always will. As a kiddo, my parents always had the oldies station playing in the car. I've definitely heard my fair share of Elton John, The Carpenters, and Marvin Gaye. My older sisters often had MTV on in the kitchen or the stereos going in their bedrooms. Some of their favorites were The Cranberries, Till Tuesday, and Tori Amos. I still love all of those artists to this day.

As I've gotten older I've found some other great bands that I am addicted to. My two favorites bands being Nada Surf and Guster. Both are Indie bands and quite amazing. I pretty much own all their albums and listen to them on the regular. My car is almost always blasting one of their songs.

I've been lucky enough to see both these bands while living in NC. Last year I saw Guster at the Carolina Theater in Durham and was totally that annoying girl that sings along to every song. You can read all about that show here.

Anyway, Nada Surf released a new album back in January called, The Stars Are Indifferent to Astronomy. Usually I am foaming at the mouth and dying to get my hands on their new music. But for some reason I've yet to hear the album. So as I was spying out their website the other day I saw they have a video for a song of theirs called, When I Was Young. So I listened to it and then listened to it again like 50 more times. I hopped on Amazon and my copy will be in my mailbox today. (I'm old school so I like CDs.) I CAN'T WAIT!

Give their song, When I Was Young a listen. Matthew Caws has a voice to die for. ;)


Good stuff, huh?

2 comments:

  1. I loooove nadasurf... they used to be my fav in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Guster! I was telling Zack about your music choices and he said he could recommend some cool stuff you'd like. You & Zack seem to like the same music.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)