Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday Confessional-Week 6


1. I confess that...I'm in a life funk. Everything is just so blahhh at the moment. I knew it was coming though. After a big race I always get the blues. All the hard work and anticipation for the race has passed and then I feel kind of lost. Fortunately, I have the Tarheel 10 Miler race in Chapel Hill on April 21st to start thinking about to get me pumped up. I ran it last year for the first time. It's a tough course because of the hills. I ran the race in 1:48:44. My goal is to beat that.
 
2. I confess that...I love having my sister, brother-in-law, and niece and nephew so close. They are just a short hour drive away in Burlington. They are also the only family I have in NC. My sister Jaclyn and I didn't get along too well when we still lived at home together in WV. We even had a few rough patches when I first moved down to NC 7 years ago. But over the years we have grown much closer and I just love our relationship. I have an awesome brother-in-law too who has always had my best interest at heart and is someone I can really talk to about things. And then there's Royce and James. They are the sweetest 4 and 6 year old imaginable. I stayed in Burlington over the weekend and when I got to their house Saturday my brother-in-law told me that they stood at the door for 45 minutes waiting for me and asking when I was going to get there. If that doesn't make a person feel good then I don't know what does?!

3. I confess that...I am running my 1st marathon next spring!! Eek!! That is if all works out as planned! Where, you ask? You'll just have to wait and see!! ;-) I'll tell you though that it won't be on the east coast.

4. I confess that...I only ran one time last week! It was a short three mile run. It felt really good giving my body a chance to recover from the 1/2. It was also nice to be able to walk down the stairs without my shins and knees aching.


5. I confess that...I love apples! I like to create my own variety when I go to the store. I went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday and chose all sorts of apples. I also confess that...I learned a bunch of apples is referred to as a peck. How is it that I didn't know this? Learning new things everyday! :)

6. I confess that...I've been having a change of heart about many things lately. It's interesting how things that seemed so great in the beginning reveal themselves overtime to show they're not what I originally believed. Life is certainly a learning experience.


That's it for this week.

2 comments:

  1. i took a week off too after my 1st 1/2. congrats on the full!! :) i eat an apple a day. i am one of those believers that it keep the dr. away...seriously. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many changes! You are kind of in the whirlwind of change :) Sending ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)