Sunday, April 8, 2012

Monday Confessional...posted Sunday night

I wish Monday was a weekend day instead of a work day.  Monday, Monday...can't trust that day.  That's what The Mamas and the Papas have always told me.  If you don't know who they are, your loss!

So I'm starting to feel kind of like these Monday Confessionals are getting a little too redundant.  A bit too predicable.  I like them, but you know how it goes, the same old, same old.  So I'm thinking I'm going to spread them out.  A confession here a confession there.  I do have a few things to share so no reason not to for now.


1. I confess that...I've spent the past two weekends in Burlington with my sister and her family and it's been great!  Friends are important but they come and go.  Family is all that really matters in this life  My family loves me no matter how I look, how much I eat, or if I'm lazy.  Friends will gossip about that kind of stuff! 

2. I confess that...I've been really missing an old friend lately.  Her and I were best friends for so long and then a wedge got in between us and drove us apart.  It makes me sad because she was always there for me. We did pretty much everything together for so many years.  Can you even get a friendship like that back?  

3. I confess that...I ran Saturday by myself for the first time in a long time.  My running partner and I run together so much that I'd completely stopped running alone.  It felt pretty awesome cranking up my playlist and going.  

4. I confess that...I still haven't gotten my taxes done!  I have an appointment Tuesday after work.  I really hope I don't owe.  I have for the past three years.  A freakin' school teacher and I have to pay money.

5. I confess that...I have this silly thing about wanting to learn all the words to the song, The Day the Music Died by Don Mclean.  I only hear it when it comes on the radio, and that's no too often, so you can imagine why it's taking me a really long time to learn the words to a song that's like 8 minutes long. I know a good amount of the words though.  Oh come on, it's the little things in life people!!!!  ;)

3 comments:

  1. You know, I bet if you reached out to your old friend, it would be fine. I had a situation like that, we just needed a time out. Clearing the air like we did was actually good for us and after our VERY long time out, the issue just didn't matter anymore. Extend the olive branch! I mean, what is the worst that can happen?? She already isn't in your life, so it doesn't sound like a lot to lose to me :) (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can gain that friendship back and it can be stronger than ever. Trust me on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same obsession with learning all of the words to American Pie! I finally mastered the complete lyrics this year. I still get excited when the song comes on the radio, because I am able to sing along all the way through. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)