Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Confessions

I've always liked writing my Monday Confessional posts. It's fun admitting random things to the blogging world. (Although I'm pretty sure not too many folks read my blog these days since I nixed my Facebook page several months back.)

I could wait until Monday rolls to do an "official"  confession, but I've been on a blogging kick lately, and it's my blog, so I can do whatever I want!

So let's see..where to start.....

1) I confess that....I ran for the 1st time in 8 months on Monday!!!! Okay, it was more like a jog. And it was only for 15 minutes. That I broke up into 3 five minutes jogs. But this is HUGE for me!! I had a pretty bad knee injury and have struggled with all sorts of pain over the months. To be able to jog and not be in any major pain was a very happy moment for me. I took it super easy because I didn't want to overdo it. I will admit that my knee was a bit sore yesterday. I'm definitely easing back into running slowly!!!

2) I confess that...I have an app on my phone called Sleep Pillow that plays all sorts of soothing sounds like the ocean, rain, wind, thunder, and whales. I have a rainstorm with faint thunder programmed that I like to put on at night when I go to bed. It puts me right to sleep! It plays all through the night and shuts off when my alarm goes off in the morning. I love it!!!

3) I confess that...I am very scatterbrained and have been terrible about remembering things lately.  I've been forgeting all sorts of things. Family member's birthdays (I forgot my mom's this year), turning things in at work, writing thank you notes, responding to emails, etc. I hate that I am this way. I try to remember to do these things, but somehow they seem to end up being forgotten. It can be pretty embarrassing too. I've been this way my whole life.

4) I confess that...I'm turning 30 on August 7th!!! I am pretty excited about it too. It's weird to think that I've been alive nearly 3 decades. Grateful to be here for sure!! ;) My boyfriend turns 30 thirteen days after me on August 20th. We've planned a 2 week hoorah to Maui to celebrate the big 3-0 together. We'd tossed around several ideas before settling on Hawaii. We talked about a cruise or maybe going to Italy (his aunt has a home there), but when it came down to it we chose a Hawaiian getaway. I'll be tracked in at school on my actual birthday, but we'll arrive on the island on Ollie's birthday. :) I'm happy for that too since this is his 1st time to Hawaii. :) I'm really looking forward to lots of hiking adventures, beach time, The Road to Hana, snorkeling, parasailing, the sunrise at Mt. Haleakala (holly-ah-kah-la), and LOTS of tasty food! Did you know the state fish of Hawaii is the humuhumunukunukuapuaa AKA reef trigger fish.

5) I confess that...sometimes when I blog or Instagram I worry that I am coming across as a bragger like, "Look at me I'm so great and here's what I'm up to to prove it." But I just want to clear the air that I'm not wanting to come across that way at all. For example, refer back to #4 about going to Hawaii. I didn't write that to brag about my trip. I'm just super excited, and when I look back at this post years and years from now I want to remember what was happening in my life. My life is actually pretty uneventful for those who don't interact with me often. I go to bed pretty early on the weekends and my idea of "partying" now is having a beer (singular) after a long week of work. I grocery shop at Walmart and Aldi, rarely buy new clothes or shoes, don't keep up with all the latest trends, and I love to water my flowers in the evening.  My life is sooo exciting....yeahhhhhh!

Anyway,  if you have an iPhone check out that Sleep Pillow app. :)  And just because I hate having a post without a picture:

Hiking at Umstead Park.

1 comment:

  1. Um. I have been awful about remembering things at work too! And ugh cumulative folders!!! :/
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)