Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Huh?!

I've belonged to a few gyms while living in NC. Recently I joined a super cheap, no frills gym for 10 bucks a month. I'm not in love with it, but it will do for at least the next year. I'd had my eye on a gym that I absolutely LOVED. However, the $73 a month membership fee, PLUS the ridiculously high joining fee turned me far away from becoming a member. I'm a teacher people, and 73 dineros a month is a lot for a woman on a budget!

Anyway, I hit the gym yesterday around 5:30 and what am I greeted with when I walk through the door? PIZZA. Yes, you've read correctly. Boxes and boxes of pizza. And people standing around eating pizza. AT THE GYM! And I am disappointed. And disgusted too. Why would a gym be giving out free pizza to its clientele? The gym is not the place for fatty, greasy foods. It completely defeats the purpose of even bothering to exercise. I think it's one of the worst ideas ever!

Seeing that made me think of something I read in a book a few months back. A man inside a gym observed a gentleman in the parking lot get out of his car, gym bag slung over his shoulder, stuffing the last of a DQ blizzard down his throat while heading into the gym. Now really folks, where's the logic in that??

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE pizza and ice cream. A LOT. And I'm not saying people shouldn't eat these things. But I don't think you should be eating pizza at the gym. And finishing off a tasty ice cream treat while making your way into the gym is just plain dumb. Sorry. But it's true.

P.S.  Today's Ollie and my 9th month anniversary.  Yes, I keep track of these sort of things.  He left me a voicemail this morning saying maybe we can "break that rule" tonight. (You know, the "no eating out in the month of June" rule.) We'll see. ;)
Road bikin' together

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)