Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend Recap Randomness

Happy Monday, Folks! 

I hope y'all had a great weekend!!  I know I did!  I spent the weekend with my sister and her family in Burlington.  I arrived super early Saturday morning (I got there around 8) and left around 4 pm on Sunday.  The traffic heading back to Raleigh was crazy!!  No traffic jams but TONS of people on the road.  Here's what's happening:

*The weekend was fun.  We shopped around a bit, stopped at the Old Mill at Guilford, (check out the Old Mill HERE) and went to the Greensboro Farmer's Market.  I picked up some peaches, red onions, and corn on the cob at the Farmer's Market, and bought a bag of blueberry muffin mix at the Old Mill. I'm looking forward to baking those muffins!  I was going to pick up some scones mix too, however the last time I made scones they were a FLOP (Ollie said they were good but i know he just said that to be nice) so I decided to skip those. 

*If you've been tuning into my blog, you'll know I'd been dealing with a knee injury from way back in late October.  I could have been doing lots of other exercises in place of running the months following the injury, but I did next to none.  (SO dumb, I know.)  I did however eat lots of ice cream and junk food.  But that's all come to end now, and I'm happy to report that I'm back to exercising 5 days a week, eating a healthy diet (no junk food, sweets, fast food, fried foods) and have eased back into running again (20 minutes straight on Friday.)  It's already paying off too. I lost 3.5 pounds last week! I've set a weight loss goal of 2 pounds per week and I'm really serious about working towards meeting it. (love a challenge.) You can imagine how happy I was to lose 1.5 lbs more than planned.  Looking forward to seeing the numbers drop weekly!!

*Oh, and to let you know just how lazy I can be....I put my coffee in a water bottle this morning because I was too lazy to wash a traveler mug for the car.  Yup, a water bottle. 

Here are some pictures from the weekend:


Royce and James

My sister, Jaclyn with her kiddos.

sisters

water wheel @ Old Mill.  It works too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)