Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Heyyyyy

It's been almost a year since I last blogged.  Sorry about that.  Okay, not sorry!  A lot has happened since I last wrote.  Instead of blab blab blagging on, I've decided to make this a bullet post.

*Oliver and I got married in Maui on August 22, 2013 and spent two weeks there for our honeymoon.

Exploring Maui
Luau 
Just married!

*We adopted two shelter dogs in January: Benny (Hound/German Shepard mix) and Darla. (Tri-Colored Blue Tick Hound) Benny is 1 and Darla is 4.

Best Friends!
                                                   
Benny all snuggled up.


*Oliver and I are headed to Fairbanks, Alaska at the end of August to visit my sister, Dominique.  My oldest sister, Shannon is going too.

*I went on a mission trip!  It was my first one too!  I went to Belize, Central America.  I spent the week serving the women of Caledonia.  It was life changing.  I've written a letter about my experience.  If you'd like to read that letter just let me know!!

Delivering groceries and spending time with the people of Caledonia.  This is Pastor Rosaura's mother.  
children's ministry

munching on sugar cane

Last day in Belize.  Hanging out with my best lady, Kimmy!

*I finally found out why my left knee is such a mess.  My knee cap isn't aligned with my hip, and after years of running it's really taken a toll on me.  It hurts constantly.  Not much running happens these days.

*My faith has never been stronger!!  My heart is on fire for our Heavenly Father!

*I've gained many new friendships thanks to my women's bible study.  I am so grateful for these women in my life!

*I love to garden.  I'm not awesome at it, but I'm trying.  As I type this post I'm waiting for the mulch to be delivered.

New lavender plant from my sister in a flower pot given to my from my students.  

*I'm about to end my 9th year of teaching.  Only 4 short weeks left.  This year has flown by.

*I've come to realize how insignificant material possessions are.  I know this stems from witnessing true poverty in Belize.  I wake up each day overwhelmed with gratefulness for all the things God has blessed me with!

*After we were married we had post wedding pictures taken.  We used Laura Simson Photography.




My favorite picture!!


The picture hangs in our living room.  

Thanks for stopping by for the read...or at least just to look at the pictures!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)