Saturday, July 25, 2015

16 Weeks


How far along? 16 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss: I've lost 11 pounds since I found out I was pregnant.  I bought my Fitbit and have become a walking (and lawn mowing) machine ever since.  I am crazy about getting my daily steps in.  Just ask Oliver!! Don't fret though.  The doctors aren't worried at all!!  
Food cravings: Pickles are my favorite, but besides that, nothing consistent.  My coworker mentioned a couple weeks ago she had Chinese for dinner and once that was in my brain I needed Chinese.  And then the next week she said she had Japanese and so then I wanted that.  I couldn't get it out of my head.  Last night I was craving a chicken biscuit from Beasley's.  I got it too! :)  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just if I let my belly get too empty and then I feel awful!  
Have you started to show yet: I'm not super thin to begin with, but yes, I am now starting to see a little more than a pooch.  
Have you told family and friends: Yes- I told my family the second I found out.  All the siblings received a picture text of the "pregnant" label on the test and I called my mom immediately!  I also live in a really great neighborhood and talk to many of my neighbors, so it got around pretty quickly from the start.  However, the rest of the world found out at 15 weeks, 6 days.  
Movement: Nothing I can feel yet - too early. 
Labor Signs: Noooo. Wayyy too early!
Gender prediction: I soooo want a girl, but I just know there's a little boy in there. 
Wedding rings on or off? On and man does it need cleaned!!  
Belly Button in or out? In.
Happy or Moody most of the time: so HAPPY!!
Maternity clothes? Still wearing all my regular clothes.  Well, except for bras! (Sorry if that's TMI.)
Stretch marks? None from the babe, but I already had two little ones on my left hip.  
Sleep: Awful!  Ever since I found out about our sprout I have been sleeping horrible. I bought a pregnancy pillow (Called a Snoogle....and overpriced!) but Oliver uses it more than me.  Maybe once I get REALLY pregnant I will want it, but now it's just annoying.  I just use pillows under my side.  It works okay.  
What I miss: sushi.....eel rolls specifically, and sleeping flat on my belly.
What I'm looking forward to: Hearing my baby's heart beat at my appointment next Thursday!
Milestones: Hmmmm, nothing really.  I'm just glad I am not feeling bad anymore and am gaining back my energy.  I'm still really tired after work.  It's hard fighting off a nap at 5 pm.  Some days I do and some days I'm snoozing away! (Another reason I sleep awful.)
Best moment this week: Starting my blog again for pregnancy updates!  Everyone has been so sweet and has just the kindest words for me.  Makes me feel AWESOME!!!  THANKS, Y'ALL!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am super happy you are blogging again!!!! LOVE reading and hearing all about Baby Massey!!!!! Can't wait till next week's blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)