Sunday, September 6, 2015

22 Weeks!

 
Hi everyone!  Long time, no post!!  I was super bummed that I was unable to post while I was in Alaska, but I got quite the rude surprise when I found out I have limited roaming data.  I have unlimited everything else on my phone so why would this be any different?! Well it was, and so I was always on the lookout for wifi, which was pretty limited depending on where I was.  I wasn't too happy about this, but I did get to download a really good podcast for the long Alaskan car rides before I lost internet.  (Not related to pregnancy, but it you're into murder cases, I highly recommend listening to the Serial podcast about Adnen Syed and the murder of his ex-girlfriend.  Good stuff! You'll be addicted and you're welcome!) Anyway, I'm back and here's a pregnancy update for you!!

How far along?
 22 weeks, 6 days (But of course my lazy bones is late to post and now I'm 23 weeks along.)
Total weight gain/loss: +5.5 lbs
Food cravings: YES!!   Strawberry milkshakes andddddd I know it's not good to drink much caffeine when pregnant, but coke.  I can't help it.  I crave it all the time.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: YES, riding in cars.  It’s been making me sick for weeks, but I just forgot to note it here.  I also get car sick when I drive too which to me is so unusual.  My car sickness was particularly bad while in Alaska because it’s a huge state with limited roads and to get from city to city you pretty much have to drive 5+ hours.  I finally broke down and bought some Dramamine.  What a lifesaver it was, too.  It's okay to take it while pregnant, I'd just prefer to take no meds if possible. 
Have you started to show yet?  Yup!  I haven’t popped yet, but by the end of the day you’d think I had based on how big I get throughout the day.  In the morning my belly’s back to looking pretty small. 
Movement: YES, and I can see my belly move, too.  Nothing crazy, but small pokes every once in a while.  Ollie is dying to see it but he’s not been around when she’s moving. 
Gender prediction: There's a sweet little lady named Eden in there!!
Wedding rings on or off? On.  I actually had Oliver and my rings re-dipped and cleaned today.  They look brand new.  Just the way I like them!!!
Belly Button in or out? It's still an innie, but it shouldn't be too much longer before that changes.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm happy.  I just got back from 12 days of exploring Alaska.  And lemme tell you folks, I AM TIRED!!!  We explored soooo many parks/cities/towns on this trip!! I had a really good time and so I'm HAPPY! 
Maternity clothes? YES YES and YES!  Today Oliver and I went shopping for clothes!  It was exciting to me!!  I still fit in my regular clothes, but I realized while I was in Alaska, that even though I can fit into my pants, the waist is super uncomfortable.    I got lots of goodies!!  :)
Stretch marks? None from pregnancy.  I did pick up a big tub of cream for my belly today.  Time to take potential stretch marks seriously! 
Sleep: Sleeping in a tent pregnant isn't my favorite.  I had to get up and use the restroom at least once a night which is a process when you're zipped up in a sleeping bag and you have to put on your hiking boots and wear a headlamp.  And if it's raining then it's even more annoying!!  And my hips were aching terribly every night I slept in the tent.  It was so painful.  I know it was 100% related to being pregnant because last year when I was camping in Alaska my hips never hurt once. I still loved camping though!  The rest of the time we were either staying in a cabin/hotel so I slept much better.  And in case you don't already know this, my little sister lives in a dry cabin and so I had to go out to the outhouse to take care of business.  So weird!!  Not fun, people!  I really missed having my body pillow with me.  I'm glad to be back home in my own bed with my own stuff! 
What I miss: Being able to do whatever I want.  While in Alaska I couldn't hike past a certain point on the coolest trail because it wasn't safe for me.  My little sis climbed up and took pictures and she said she was nervous walking back down  Also, my sisters wanted to take a guided tour where you actually walk out onto a glacier, but there was no way I was walking on ice 5 1/2 months pregnant.  Even if I am wearing crampons (for ice--kinda like cleats.), have hiking sticks, and am wearing a helmet.
New Baby Items: I bought Eden several goodies in Alaska.  I bought the cutest print to hang in her nursery, a book, and a sweet pink onesie with Alaska animals/cities on it.  My little sis also bought her a book for when she gets older.  Do y'all remember paper dolls?  Eden has Alaskan themed ones.  Thanks, Sis!
Exercise: I did tons of walking and hiking.  One day we hiked 16 miles and my legs were jello.  I was beyond tired!  The freeze dried beef stew I had for dinner that night never tasted better!
What I'm looking forward to: Hitting the 6 month mark next week!!!  And registering for baby stuff!
Milestones: Last week it was the first time I could actually see Eden kick from the outside.  And I guess buying maternity clothes was my milestone for this week. 
Best moment this week: Not pregnancy related, but when I got home yesterday afternoon after being away for almost two weeks, the reaction I got from my pups when they saw me was the best homecoming EVER!!!  They were SO EXCITED to see their mama!  I missed those stinkers!! :)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)