Sunday, October 4, 2015

26 weeks!!


Relaxing in Eden's new glider rocker.  :) 

How far along? 26 weeks or 6 months 1/2 months!!!
Total weight gain/loss: +8 lbs ---I think those pumpkin spice lattes are catching up with me!!!!
Food cravings: I am still drinking pumpkin spice lattes, but I'm trying to slow down on them.  Mainly because they add up fast and I know I shouldn't be spending so much money on overpriced coffee!!!  A WONDERFUL parent and student of mine surprised me with a Starbucks gift card this week just so I could get my latte!!  How kind and thoughtful is that?!  It was greatly appreciated!!  Especially since I had to be at work super early the next day for parent teacher conferences.  This week I have also been craving soup a lot! So I made chili and zuppa toscana.  Soooooo good!!!  
Anything making you queasy or sick: I felt great this week!!  
Have you started to show yet?  My belly keeps growing and growing.  I LOVE that bump!!  My coworker gave me the best compliment on Friday.  I was walking down the hallway at school towards her and she said the I don't even look pregnant straight on!!  Sweet!  I definitely want to look pregnant, but not necessarily all over.
Movement: This week has been the most I've felt Eden.  As I type this she is karate chopping my left side!  On Tuesday I was at a women's bible study at my church and she was playing soccer in there!!  It was so cool!!  
Gender prediction: It's a she!  But wouldn't that be crazy if when she's born she comes out a BOY?!  What a surprise that would be!!
Wedding rings on or off? On--right where I like it!
Belly Button in or out? In and its crazy how much it has stretched out.  Before becoming pregnant I was never able to see all the way inside my belly button.  But now I can see the whole thing. It's so weird and cool at the same time to see how your body changes when you're pregnant!!  
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm the happiest I've even been!!  
Maternity clothes? I'd have to say that 90% of what I wear is maternity clothes.  And I LOVE wearing them too!!  ANOTHER friend of mine gave me maternity tops this week.  I really am so truly blessed by everyone's generosity because I know that not everyone is lucky enough to be given or be able to borrow other's clothes.  My favorite tops are the form fitting ones.  I've gotta show Eden off!! :)  
Stretch marks? I'm lucky that I haven't gotten any up to this point.  I know that this can easily change. I'm okay with stretch marks.  Especially ones as a result of pregnancy.  
Sleep: I never sleep well anymore.  But one night this week I didn't wake up once to use the bathroom.  Lack of sleep must have finally caught up with me and I was just so tired I got some sound sleep.  And whoever the created body pillow is my best friend!  I love mine so much!  I've broken it in and it's just perfect for me!  I have a feeling I'm still going to use it after Eden is born.  Oliver likes it too, so I'll probably have to fight him for it!  haha
What I miss: Have you ever eaten so much and gotten so full that you feel sick and lethargic?  I feel like that a lot after I eat even if I didn't eat a lot.  I miss eating and not feeling like I've ingested a bowling ball!
New Baby Items: YES!  Eden's rocking chair glider came this week.  And in a HUGE box!!  Even though her nursery is nowhere near ready and we don't have a good spot for the chair/ottoman at the moment, we were just too excited to wait.  I love it!!  Ollie and I took turns sitting in it, pretending to rock the baby.  :)   It's going to be perfect for her!! Anddddd, my sister and her family came over and brought Ollie and me TONS, I mean TONS of baby stuff!!  5 bins of clothes and blankets and bibs, an exersaucer, baby swing, vibrating chair, stroller, toys, bathtub, and I don't even know what else because there is just so much!!  The baby clothes are beyond precious!!  My sister took really good care of her things!!  She's been holding on to this stuff for the past 8 years just waiting for a sister (or brother) to have a baby. I can't wait to sit down and go through all the bins.  So far here is the cutest thing I've seen.  Check it out!


The top says 99% angel and look at those angel wings on the bottoms.  I am dying!
Exercise:  It rained all week and so I really did nothing.  Maybe why I gained 2 pounds!  Yikes!  
What I'm looking forward to: We have been searching a while now for a white dresser for the nursery.  We want a good quality one and not just a cheap particle board one.  Ollie found a really nice dresser on Craigslist and he's picking it up Monday.  Here's what it looks like:



Milestones: This question is always tough for me to answer.  Nothing really comes to mind so I guess it would be feeling Eden squirming around all the time.  I used to feel her most at night, but now I feel her all day.  I love that kid!
Best moment this week: Hands down my sister and brother-and-law giving Oliver and me massive amounts of things for the baby.  It's such a great feeling knowing that we have things for the her.  Especially all the clothes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)