Sunday, October 11, 2015

27 weeks along


How far along? 27 weeks 6 days or 6 months 3 weeks.  I just cannot believe how quickly the time is flying by.  The first trimester seemed never ending and now I'm almost to the 3rd trimester.  What?!
Total weight gain/loss: +9--but technically (if I want to get technical) I lost 11 pounds during my first trimester and I've gained back 9 of those pounds.  So I'm still under my pre-pregnancy weight and I am so very happy for that.  I'm little nervous about my weight gain for the remainder of my pregnancy.  I've never been a "skinny girl" and I'm scared I'm just going to start gaining a crazy amount of weight these last few months.
Food cravings: This week I had no cravings.  I have been eating a lot of PB&J sandwiches at lunch though, so maybe that is a craving?!
Anything making you queasy or sick: This week was a rough week.  I felt so sick Monday afternoon-Thursday.  I had the WORST lower belly and back pain.  It was just awful.  I soooo badly wanted to call in sick for work but I pushed through.  I just couldn't get comfortable.  I'm not entirely sure what it was but that was the first time I really wished I wasn't pregnant.  I'm so happy to be feeling better.  
Have you started to show yet?  Nope, not at all. ;)  I just look like I ate a REALLY BIG Thanksgiving dinner. :)  Neat fact: I read that my uterus is now the size of a soccer ball.  That is so mind blowing to me.  It is crazy what your body is capable of doing.  And what's even crazier is it's going to get BIGGER!!  WHOA!!!
Movement: All the time.  And she's all over the place!  One minute I feel her on my lower right side and the next minutes she's karate chopping me in my ribs on the left side.  I love feeling her move all around.  
Gender prediction: A darling daughter. :)  
Wedding rings on or off? On--and not really showing any signs of feeling too tight.  
Belly Button in or out? Same as it's been-a weird looking innie.  
Happy or Moody most of the time: This week was not a good week for my mental health.  With feeling so sick and having to be on at work with my students each day I just felt pretty down.  Plus I had to attend a teacher workshop at an elementary school in Rolesville which I learned is soooooo far away, and then to sit in kid chairs all day just really did me in.  But life could be so much worse and so I need to stop complaining.  I really am blessed beyond measure and I know this.  
Maternity clothes? Yes, and I love them!!  I did wear a skirt one day this week to work that was non-maternity, but besides that I've got on all maternity all the time  And y'all, I've got so many maternity clothes to choose from.  I'm so thankful.  
Stretch marks? Nah.
Sleep: This week sleep was nothing to brag about. I slept terrible.  I just couldn't get comfortable.  And with my belly aching non stop it really hurt to turn over.  I'm sooo happy that's gone now.  
What I miss:  Hmmm, I would have to say moving with ease when I sleep.  And I know I have mentioned this before, but I really miss sushi.  It's one of my favorites.  I could really go for an eel roll at this very moment.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it.  
New Baby ItemsI'm still soaking in all the baby items my sister, Jaclyn gave Oliver and I last weekend.  My favorite thing so far has been looking through the tubs of clothing.  There is just so much!  And baby clothes are just precious.  I cannot believe that in 3 short months I'm going to have  a baby to put those clothes on. Oliver also picked up Eden's dresser for the nursery.  And we now know the type of crib we want to get her.  We're holding off ordering it until we have her room ready and have the space to set it up.  Notice how I say "we."  Who am I kidding, Oliver will totally set up the crib while I watch.  
Exercise:  I mowed the back yard this week.  I actually really like mowing the lawn. It's instant gratification to me to see it go from looking bad to good all by my doing.  My dog Benny is so cute too when I mow.  He'll follow me up and down the yard.  He likes to keep me company. :)  
What I'm looking forward to: Family weekend!!!  We're all getting together this coming weekend to celebrate baby Eden andddd to celebrate my parents' upcoming 46th wedding anniversary.  Only Dominique will be missing--remember, she lives in Alaska.  BUT she is coming to the lower 48 for a month and will be here through January.  That means she'll get to meet Eden!!!  
Milestones: I'm not proud of this one, but it was when I wished I wasn't pregnant anymore.  That was the first time that ever crossed my mind.  I want so much to enjoy this time, but man, this week was tough to have that mindset.  I'm glad I am feeling better and am over those feelings.  
Best moment this week: 2 things: 1. Looking through the massive amounts of baby clothes, and 2. when I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and I remembered tomorrow was Saturday and I could sleep in!!!  :)  Yay for weekends and no alarm clocks!!  

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE watching your belly grow since I can't see you everyday. Not much longer and I'm back to work and can hug you and baby Eden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)