Sunday, October 25, 2015

29 weeks

I drew a picture of an acorn squash but you can't see it.  Sorry!!!

So I know I totally flaked last week and didn't post for week 28.  Sorry, y'all!!  I usually put my posts together on the weekends, but last weekend I went to WV for a family weekend.  It was soooooo wonderful!  Everyone was there, except Dominique (she was shivering in Alaska.) and we were all able to celebrate Eden...or as Oliver and I call her, E-E.  We've finally settled on a middle name for our little doll baby.  We are going to be naming her Eden Elyse Massey.  My sister Meredith's middle name is Elyce (pronounced eh-LEE-s) and she has the biggest heart and would do anything for her family.  Unfortunately, her health really limits her on what she can and can't do, and many times more than not she is unable to be apart of family gatherings because she is too sick.  So Oliver and I decided to honor Meredith and give Eden her middle name.  She was so excited when we told her, too.  I'm really happy we are able to name Eden after her!! :)  

The baby shower was so beautiful.  Meredith worked so hard organizing and gathering everything.  She worked for hours on a diaper cake too that held more than 140 diapers! WOW!  And can you believe that when we got to the restaurant Meredith wasn't there.  She was too sick to stay and had to go home and rest.  I felt so awful.  She also missed our gender reveal party back in August because she was too sick to travel to NC from WV.  It just breaks my heart that she misses out on so much due to her health.  So you can see why Ollie and I want to use her middle name for Eden's.  We just want her to know how much she means to us!

How far along? 29 weeks 6 days or 7 months 1 week.  
Total weight gain/loss: +10
Food cravings: Nah, not really.  I'm still drinking pumpkin spice lattes all the time and at this point I should have stock in the company!
Anything making you queasy or sick: The only thing that makes me feel really ugh is when Eden is hanging out between my ribs.  It just feels so uncomfortable having her hanging out up there.  It's really not even that bad though so please don't think I'm complaining! :)   
Have you started to show yet?  I felt so big this past week.  Oliver and I went to the fair Friday night and two vendors asked if I was carrying twins.  Say whaaa???  My neighbors tell me that I look small though so I'm going with that!
Movement: She is soooo active all the time.  Oliver gets to feel her move at night when we're in bed.  The other day I was sitting on the couch and Eden was having a dance party.  My belly was just moving like crazy.  I love feeling her move around.  It's such an amazing feeling.  I'm convinced our pups Darla and Benny know there's a baby in my belly, too.  They've both been smelling my belly and one day Benny kept licking my stomach.  He loves his little sis!
Gender prediction: We're having a little Eden Elyce!!!  
Wedding rings on or off? On--fits perfectly. 
Belly Button in or out? The grossest innie you could imagine.  (Seriously!) 
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm so happy!!!  I love being pregnant.  I mean, don't get me wrong, there are moments when it's hard--like bending down or getting comfy at night, and then there's the bazillion night trips to the bathroom, but those are so small when looking at the big picture.....A BABY!!!  
Maternity clothes? The most comfortable stuff I'll ever wear.  I really love maternity jeans.  I'll be sad when I have to pack them up!  
Stretch marks? Nope.  
Sleep: Not the best, but I know I need to enjoy it now before she gets here and I'm up every two hours.  
What I miss:  I miss drinking sangria.  My mom ordered a sangria at dinner the other night.  It looked so tasty. 
New Baby ItemsY'all, my family spoiled Eden last weekend!!!  So much "stuff" for her.  Stuffed animals, books galore, clothing, and lots more to list.  I can't wait to unpack everything once her nursery is up and running!!  
Exercise:  Not as active as I should be.
What I'm looking forward to: Ollie's painting the nursery this week.  Yay!!  Then we can move in her chair/ottoman, dresser, and start organizing everything.   AND, we're ordering her crib this week too!!!  Here's the one we decided on:



Milestones: I'd have to say how active Eden's been.  Knowing that there is a living being inside of me is so bazaar and such a miracle.  We cannot wait to meet her!
Best moment this week: 1. Getting the results from my glucose test: I PASSED!!! and, 2.  Hitting the 3rd trimester last week!!  It's all happening so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I LOVE hearing from you! :)